White Card Courses In Victoria

Victorian White Card accredited by WorkSafe Victoria

Click on the below button to reserve a place. 

 Pay on the day

WPO Image

Why People Choose Us

WPO Image


WPO Image


WPO Image


Who Needs A White Card?


It is a legal requirement for anybody working on a construction site in Victoria.

You will require it if you are working or intend to work in commercial or domestic construction, painting, carpentry, bricklaying, concreting, tiling, plumbing, electrical and other similar trades.

You will not be allowed to work on a site without a White Card.

Completing a White Card increases your ability to acquire work in the construction industry. Employers employ those that have White Card accreditation.

WPO Image
WPO Image


WPO Image
WPO Image
WPO Image

Does an Owner Builder need a White Card?

How do I book and pay?

Our Training Locations

If you an Owner Builder doing a renovation your building site address may become a ‘workplace’ under OHS law. This applies if you are erecting any structure, such as an addition to your home, or building a pool or garage.

If you are completing the work yourself, your site won’t be considered a workplace, however if you are going to engage or oversee any contractors (e.g. a plumber or tiler) who will enter the site to do some work, it will be classed as a workplace and you will need a Victorian White Card.

Click on the above Book Now button or this link Book Now to reserve a place in the course.

Do this now as the courses fill up quickly.

Payment of $165 is made by credit card on the day of the course.

Our training will take place at the following locations.

Melbourne St Kilda







WPO Image
WPO Image
WPO Image

Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements

Students must have sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to able to read, write and understand English and to able to perform simple calculations.

Students must also be able to provide verbal responses in English to any questions asked.

Click on the book above to download the Student Handbook.

WPO Image

Why do I need a USI number to complete this course?

USI numbers are a government initiative that records all nationally recognised training for individuals. 

Your USI number can be accessed at any time online, is free and easy to create and stays with you for life.

Unfortunately, if you don’t have a USI number you won’t be able to complete our course.

You can apply for a USI number for free by clicking on the above image or Click Here.

WPO Image

Why use us as your White Card Registered Training Organisation?

Best Restaurant Training (RTO number 40777) is accredited by both the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and WorkSafe Victoria to deliver and issue the nationally accredited unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry and the Victorian White Card.

On-line White Card courses and courses that are not from an approved Registered Training Organisation are not accepted. If you complete a White Card course that is not with an approved RTO, WorkSafe Victoria will not issue you a White Card for the purposes of undertaking construction work.

Only Construction Induction Training that is undertaken with an approved RTO will lead to a White Card being issued to you by WorkSafe Victoria.

WPO Image

While all White Cards are mutually recognised in each state / territory of Australia some employers exercise their right to enforce the use of a White Card from a reputable organisation. If you are unsure which White Card you should complete you can always discuss it with your employer or relevant work health and safety regulatory authority.

The following construction induction cards are recognised in Victoria and vice versa:

 - Victorian construction induction card

 - New South Wales construction induction card

 - Australian Capital Territory construction induction card

 - South Australia construction induction card

 - Tasmania construction induction card

 - Western Australia construction induction card

 - Northern Territory construction induction card

 - For further information visit the official Victorian WorkCover Authority.

A General Construction Induction (White Card) course needs to be successfully completed by anyone working in construction in Australia. The maximum penalty for not having your White Card is $3,000 or 30 penalty units and for permitting a person to work at a construction site without a White Card the maximum penalty is $11,000. A Nationally Recognised White Card is issued to any person who successfully completes the unit of competency – CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry.

Our course will provide you with an awareness of construction hazards and control measures, help you to interpret and apply safety information, it will give you an understanding of your roles and responsibilities in the workplace, teach you safe work practices and provide you with information on how to respond to incidents and emergencies.

Everyone that does construction work in Australia must have successfully completed an induction course before they start work in any construction activity. This can include but is not limited to the self employed persons, apprentices, trades persons, labourers and anyone else working on a construction site.

The General Construction Induction course has a nominal duration of 6 hours for face to face delivery. Because this is an online course the length of time may vary depending on your skill level, your previous experience within the construction industry and your level of computer literacy.

Yes. We can provide accounts to businesses that need to enrol multiple students on a regular basis. We also offer attractive discounts for bulk enrolments.

If you have any other questions or wish to get in touch with us for any reason, please visit our Support Centre. Here you can find Frequently Asked Questions, Submit a Support Request or Call Us if you need to.

To work on a construction site in Australia, it is compulsory to have completed a White Card course and hold a current Occupational/Workplace Health & Safety Certificate. The White Card is a requirement under WH&S Codes of Practice across most jurisdictions and allows individuals to access or be present on construction sites.

Who needs a White Card?

People across construction sites who need to have a ‘CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’ white card include but are not limited to:

• Workers and persons who enter operational construction zones/sites

• Managers/supervisors

• Labourers/tradespeople

To put it simply, if you work in, or plan to gain employment in, any role where you will be required to access any construction sites across Australia, you will need to hold a white card.

All Australian States and Territories accept that the National Standard White Card Induction

CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, is the requirement to

work on a construction site.

All of these cards are mutually recognised across State and Territory borders – i.e. if you have a

card issued in one location it is recognised in all other States and Territories.

Mutual recognition arrangements enhance the capacity of construction workers to move across

State/Territory boundaries without the requirement to undertake construction induction training

in each jurisdiction.

This means your online white card would be accepted wherever you work in Australia

WPO Image
WPO Image


PO Box 604, Elwood, Vic 3184

Email: info@white-cardvictoria.com.au

Phone: (03) 9531 0912


Melbourne St Kilda








WorkSafe Victoria https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au

Unique Student Identifier (USI) number


RSEA Safety for Personal Protective Equipment